Health Festival – Hellenic Medical Students’ Congress on Public Health
Health Festival is a congress on public health designed from medical students for medical students in Greece. The main topics considered change each year and focus on major Public Health Issues such as: Non – Communicable Diseases, Mental Health, Antimicrobial Resistance, Communicable Diseases etc.
The congress is under the auspices of the National School of Public Health, the National Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KEELPNO), and the National Medical Society.
The program consists of two stages:
The first stage is the congress that includes interactive speeches from healthcare professionals, workshops that are focused on evidence based medicine and educational trainings from external parteners of HelMSIC and Peer Education Trainers of HelMSIC.
The second stage includes street action, which take place in a central place of the city. The students that attended the first phase of the program have the opportunity to inform the general public.During the street action are held open-to-everyone check-ups.
The main targets of the project are:
- To educate and sensitize medical students on Public Health Issues
- To sensitize Medical Students about the access to health
- To educate medical students on practicing medicine according to public health standards
- To promote collaboration between medical students
- To put emphasis on the importance of prevention
- To inform the general public about major public health issues
The 1st Hellenic Medical Students’ Congress on Public Health – Health Festival 2018 is focused on Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Diseases and the importance of prevention.